* Please refer to the English Version as our Official Version.
The NCV6334B is a synchronous step-down converter family optimized to provide different subsystems for portable applications powered by a single lithium-ion battery or three alkaline /NiCd/NiMH batteries in a space-saving, low-configuration 2.0 x 2.0 x 0.75mm WDFN−8 package.
Typical Application Circuits
The device is capable of delivering voltages up to 2a at externally adjustable voltages. Operating with a 3 MHZ switching frequency allows the use of small size inductors and capacitors. Input power supply voltage feedforward control is used to handle a wide input voltage range. Synchronous rectification and automatic PWM/PFM power saving modes improve system efficiency.
• 2.3V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
• External Adjustable Voltage
• Up to 2 A Output Current
• 3 MHz Switching Frequency
• Synchronous Rectification
• Automatic Power Save
• Enable Input
• Power Good Output Option
• Soft Start
• Over Current Protection
• Active Discharge When Disabled
• Thermal Shutdown Protection
• WDFN−8, 2 x 2 mm, 0.5mm Pitch Package
• Maximum 0.8mm Height for Super Thin Applications
• This is a Pb−Free Device
Functional block diagram
• Cellular Phones, Smart Phones, and PDAs
• Portable Media Players
• Digital Still Cameras
• Wireless and DSL Modems
• USB Powered Devices
• Point of Load
• Game and Entertainment System
NCV6334B has an enable logical input pin EN. The high level on this pin (above 1.1V) puts the device in active mode. Low level (below 0.4V) on this pin disables the device, leaving the device in shutdown mode. There's an internal filter with a 5 s time constant. The EN pin is pulled down by the internal 10na convergent current source. In most applications, the EN signal can be programmed independently as a VIN power sequence.
Power supply good and active discharge sequence diagram